Many of us have been working on a detox protocol or attempting to rid our bodies of toxins for weeks, months, or maybe even years (as in my case). Unfortunately, some of us have yet to see any positive results despite doing everything right. The good news is Dr Kelly Halderman may have found the reason why. Our Phase 2.5 detox pathway is broken.
Dr Kelly describes phase 2.5 detox as the door the toxins must go through before they can be eliminated from the body. If that door is closed, then the conjugated toxins from phase 2 detox simply reenter the bloodstream to be redeposited in our tissues & cells.
In this episode of The Happy Healthy Family Podcast, I take a deep dive into detoxification with Dr Kelly Halderman. We discuss a number of different things including:
- The 4 phases of detox and how your body gets rid of toxins
- What exactly Phase 2.5 detox is and how to ensure our detox door is open
- The importance of healthy bile flow in detoxification
- 4 factors that drive inflammation
- Microglial activation, mast cells,- & a new supplement to help calm those mast cells
The Happy Healthy Family Podcast Episode 22
Is Your Detox Door Closed? w/Dr Kelly Halderman
Click Below To Listen For Free On Your Favorite Podcast Player:
Phase 2.5 Detox, Inflammation, & Why Healthy Bile Is Critical In Detoxification
Take a deep dive into detoxification and learn the factors that prevent you from detoxing properly. We discuss how sluggish bile & inflammation closes your detox door and prevents you from true healing.
I welcome detox expert, Dr Kelly Halderman. We discuss mast cells, inflammation, herxheimer reactions, and Dr Kelly shares with us the best strategies and supplements to help us restore our detox pathways.
Visit The Show Sponsor
Therasage Infrared Saunas
Full Spectrum, No EMF Portable Infrared Saunas: Non Off Gassing Materials with Advanced Earthing Technology and Negative Ion Release.
- 3 (or 4) phases of detoxification
- why it’s more important to slow down than keep pushing harder with detoxification
- What is Phase 2.5 detox and the 3 factors that impact this detox door
- How inflammation can block detoxification & how to balance detox and inflammation
- 4 factors that drive inflammation
- Where diet and gut health fit into detoxification
- The importance of bile, how to restore healthy bile flow
- Supplements to open up phase 2.5 detox
- How mast cells are the ring leaders of inflammation, itchy brains, and how to calm mast cell
- What is microglial activation
- Difference between a herxheimer reaction and a closed detox door
- How Saunas and Foot Baths can help us feel better faster and reduce burden on detox organs
- when should we fight infections
- how to use heart rate variability to determine if we’re ready to detox
- Do binders work outside the gut
- genetic issues and detoxification
- Dr Kelly’s favorite supplements for supporting phase 2.5 detox
- 3 steps to creating a happier, healthier family
Links and Other Info From The Show:
How to buy SunBalance
- Go to this page
- Then click on “To Register Click Here”
- Then password enter USE777
- Fill out the form and press “Register”
More With Dr Kelly Halderman:
Connect With Dr Kelly
- Facebook, Instagram
- Phase 2.5 Online Course
- How Do I know I’m Inflamed? (pdf)
- Other Free Resources from Dr Kelly
Dr. Kelly Halderman graduated from medical school in 2007 and completed a Family Practice Medicine internship with the University of Minnesota. She has a Naturopathic Medical Degree from Kingdom College of Natural Health where she is the current Academic Dean of Students. She holds certification in MethylGenetic Nutrition by the Nutrigenetic Research Institute and certification from The American Functional Neurology Institute in Functional Neurology and Neurofeedback. She is an active member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, President and founder of the American Association of Nutraceutical Formulators, as well as a member of The American Medical Association and Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine.
She coined “Phase 2.5 Detoxification” which involves properly restoring bile physiology, our body’s built-in toxin transport system and has successfully developed novel nutraceutical products and clinical strategies to support this new, important phase of detoxification.
Dr. Halderman also has board certification in Clinical Nutrition and has certification in Plant Based Nutrition from Cornell University and health coaching certification from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
She works alongside her husband, Dr. Charles Halderman at Halderman Wellness in the Twin Cities. Her practice interests include proper detoxification, Chronic Lyme, of which she has personally experienced and beat as well as regenerative therapies such as ozone and stem cell therapies.
References, Studies, Further Reading
Studies on PEA & Pain
- Palmitoylethanolamide, a Special Food for Medical Purposes, in the Treatment of Chronic Pain: A Pooled Data Meta-analysis.
Therapeutic utility of palmitoylethanolamide in the treatment of neuropathic pain associated with various pathological conditions: a case series
- Palmitoylethanolamide for the treatment of pain: pharmacokinetics, safety and efficacy
- Effect of palmitoylethanolamide on inflammatory and neuropathic pain in rats