Over the years, I heard various “experts” repeatedly say how terrible omega 6 fats were, so naturally, I avoided them as much as possible. However, it seems I was given bad information or rather I was given incomplete information. Turns out, unaltered omega 6 fats are quite healthy and they’re even anti inflammatory, which is a direct contradiction to what we’ve been told all these years.
The book, Radical Metabolism, opened my eyes to the realities of omega 6 fats. Plus, it showed me that many of the things I thought I was doing right were actually not good. (like using cast iron pans for instance)
Ann Louise Gittleman: A True Pioneer
Ann Louise Gittleman is the author of this book, and she is widely accepted as a pioneer in the health & nutrition world. She’s even called the first lady of nutrition, so of course we have to listen to what Ann Louise has to say. Afterall, the tagline on her website is “rewriting the rules of nutrition”.
I decided to invite Ann Louise on to my podcast to discuss her book and many of the other so-called “radical ideas” she shares.
In this episode of The Happy Healthy Family Podcast, we discuss
- How to fix our Toxic Metabolism
- The importance of diet for detoxification
- Why we need to get back to eating healthy, unaltered Omega 6 fats
- Why hemp seeds should be added to everyone’s diet.
- How to cleanse and restore liver, gallbladder function and improve bile flow
- Other radical rules to find health & healing
The Happy Healthy Family Podcast Episode 24
Everything We Know About Omega 6s Is Wrong
Click Below To Listen For Free On Your Favorite Podcast Player:
Radical Rules To Heal Your Body & Your Toxic Metabolism
Learn how consuming healthy Omega 6 fats & bitter foods can help restore liver, gallbladder & bile function, heal the cell membranes, and give you more energy. You’ll discover the radical rules to fix your toxic metabolism, heal your chronic health symptoms, & help you beat weight loss resistance.
I welcome nutrition expert Ann Louise Gittleman. Ann Louise is widely recognized as a pioneer in health & nutrition. She’s a best selling author of over 30 books on diet, detox, EMFS, & other health issues.
- Importance of diet for detoxification and why Ann Louise’s advice flies in face of every other detox book
- What is metabolism and why a toxic metabolism can be preventing us from healing, weight loss, or causing invisible illnesses
- Why are cell membranes so important and why omega 6 fats are a key piece of “membrane medicine”Why hemp seeds & hemp seed oil should be a staple in your diet
- The difference between good omega 6 fats and bad damaged omegas 6 fats
- Good sources of healthy omega 6 fats
- The healing power of siberian pine nut oil
- What are the 3 Parent Essential Oils (fatty acids) and where do we find them
- 3 critical functions of bile: digest fats, flushes toxins, alliance with thyroid,
- What happens if we have toxic bile & how do we fix it
- Why eggs, onions, pork are bad for the gallbladder
- The importance of stomach acid and causes of low stomach acid, and what to do about it
- What does estrogen and estrogens in the food and toxins do to the gallbladder and bile
- Why Ann Louise prefers maple syrup over stevia
- How 1-2 tbsp of sunflower lecithin is a great source of choline, which is great for the cell membrane and will decongest a fatty liver
- Do we need to do an intense gallbladder cleanse -why A:G is anti cleanse
- What does lean muscle mass have to with metabolism
- What are signs of protein deficiency
- How coffee is helpful in preventing the loss of lean muscle mass
- Why we need to be careful with use natural antibiotics silver, oregano, pau d arco
- Why ALG is not a fan of kombucha
- Glutamine is very effective for healing gut (for a 1-2 punch combine with pine nut oil)
- Detoxing your home
- Why you should avoid aluminum in your kitchen
- Why ALG would rather have a deadly serpent in the kitchen than a single piece of aluminum
- The dangers of cast iron pots and pans & why it’s time to cast the cast iron cookware
- What to use instead
- What is so bad about microwave ovens
- An overview of Ann’s 28 day radical metabolism program
- What snack to reach for when we hit a midday slump
- How to modify the radical reboot for kids
- Top 3 tips for parents to raise a happier healthier family
Links and Other Info From The Show:
Books Mentioned On The Show
More With Ann Louise Gittleman:
Connect With Ann Louise
|More On Ann Louise Gittleman:|
Continually breaking new ground in integrative and functional medicine, Ann Louise is a top nutritionist who was years before current trends like Paleo and Keto. She is internationally recognized as a pioneer in dietary, environmental, and women’s health issues. She is an award-winning New York Times bestselling author of over 30 books on health and nutrition including diet, detox, women’s health, men’s health, perimenopause, menopause, beauty and the environment.