When Healthy Food Is Bad For You: Elimination Diets For Eczema.
Eczema, food triggers, & one mom’s quest to heal her baby through diet. Parents wanting relief for atopic dermatitis in their child look to many types of DIY remedies and natural treatments. From creams & lotions to baths & even honey, parents will try anything to get rid of eczema flares and find relief for that awful skin rash.
However, if you want to cure eczema for good, you have to heal from the inside out.
*This post contains affiliate links*
Elimination Diets For Eczema
Emily Brown is my guest on this episode, and she has dealt with severe eczema in both of her children. Emily believes food is the main cause for her kid’s symptoms, so she turned to elimination diets to help.
We discuss various elimination diets, food chemicals, and managing eczema flares. Find out exactly what is eczema, common triggers and foods to avoid. Plus Emily gives us 3 tips for parents looking to beat eczema.
Happy Healthy Family Podcast Episode 09
Elimination Diets For Eczema with Emily Brown
Available On Your Favorite Podcast Player (click below)
This episode we discuss:
- First signs of trouble
- Why Emily was forced to sleep sitting up while holding her baby
- Emily’s thoughts on the role of genetics in eczema, allergies, and asthma
- MTHFR, DAO, 23andMe and genetic testing
- What is eczema and what are the signs, symptoms, common treatments
- How to start an elimination diet
- How healthy foods can actually make some people react poorly
- The Failsafe Diet
- Why Emily was binge eating oatmeal
- Autoimmune Paleo Total Elimination
- How baby boy got better when she stopped eating vegetables
- Mom’s gut health affects the baby through breastmilk
- How Emily improved her indoor air quality after a home remodel
- White Food Diet and FODMAPS
- How to reintroduce foods after an elimination diet
- Why she used beef fat to manage eczema flares and treat his skin naturally
- DAO and histamines
- 3 steps to help parents with kids who are battling eczema