Lately, I have been increasingly concerned that toxic mold may be lurking in my home (or a previous home) and causing some health effects for me. My son, Ethan, has also been experiencing increases in anxiety, aggression, and problem behaviors. I cannot seem to figure out what has caused this sudden increase. However, I am suspecting mold may be the culprit.
Time To Learn More
This is why I decided to reach out to an expert on mold and finally begin to learn more and see if there is anything that I can do to determine if this is in fact an issue for us.
In this episode of The Happy Healthy Family Podcast, I talk with Dr. Scott Richmond. We discuss a number of different things including:
- identifying and healing mold illness
- how to get rid of mold in your home
- when to remediate
- how to protect your family and your home from toxic mold
Listen to this interview below, or check it out on your favorite podcast player. (links below)
The Happy Healthy Family Podcast Episode 16
Is Hidden Toxic Mold Making Your Family Sick w/Dr. Scott Richmond DC
|Also Available On Your Favorite Podcast Player (click below)
Free to Listen On: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio
I welcome Dr. Scott Richmond to the show. Dr. Scott is a chiropractor, and health coach with firsthand experience with toxic mold. After battling & overcoming mold illness, he is now committed to helping others find health and happiness.
Dr. Scott and I discuss the symptoms of mold exposure, detoxifying mold toxins, and how to and recover from biotoxin illness. We also talk about prevention & remediation as well as ways to protect our families from the harmful effects of mold.
- If mold is natural and has always been around, why are we concerned about mold?
- Dr. Scott’s personal healing journey to health and happiness and overcoming mold, Lyme, heavy metals..etc.
- Why proper detoxification is more important than nutrition
- What are biotoxins (& biotoxin illness)
- The perfect storm for mold (water, heat, & “food” ie building materials)
- The role of genetics and sensitivities in mold illness
- The importance of binders in detoxification
- Why you should start with drainage pathways before starting a detoxification protocol
- HLA snp is the genetic indicator for mold sensitivity, but that may not indicate how sick someone would get
- How mold can seriously affect your mental state
- Things anyone can do to help their lymphatic system and drainage pathways function efficiently
- How infrared saunas can help move toxins out of the body
- Why healing and treatment should be personalized
- If you feel better on vacation, or if you feel worse at work, those are clues that mold is an issue
- How you can protect yourself from a moldy workplace
- What biotoxin binder Dr Scott uses and how it’s different from traditional binders like charcoal and clay
- Good supplements to support the liver
- When there is mold illness is there mold growing inside our body or is it more the mycotoxins that cause problems
- How heavy metals is probably the biggest insult early in life
- How total toxic load is likely responsible for the many health issues we see today
- When to remediate or just give up and get out
- Why “letting go” may be the most important aspect starting the healing process
- Why you should not try to remediate mold on your own
- How ductwork & the HVAC system transports mold and mold toxins
- Products that we can use to clean up the home and prevent mold growth
- If you cannot afford full remediation, what should you do
Links and Other Info From The Show:
Connect With Dr. Scott
*Some of these are affiliate links. Purchasing through these links supports this website and my family with no added cost to you**
Liver Support Supplements:
EC3 Mold Reducing Enzyme Solution
Essential Oils For Mold Reduction and Healing