Treating fevers in kids, when to worry, and why fevers are actually a good thing. Plus, we discuss flu shots, alternatives to acetaminophen, and how phones/screens are messing up our kids’ brains.
How A Fever Is A Wonderful Thing (HHF Podcast #11)
I welcome Dr. Paul Thomas to the show. Dr. Paul is a best selling author & holistic pediatrician with a huge practice. Dr. Paul is committed to helping parents make informed and proactive decisions about their children’s health and well-being.
Listener’s of the episode 10 with Dr. William Parker learned about the major risks that come with using Tylenol and acetaminophen, so Dr. Paul and I discuss how and when to treat a fever without acetaminophen. Plus, we talk about navigating a doctor’s visit or trip to the ER where the standard of treatment is to reflexively give acetaminophen.
Dr. Paul and I also discuss flu shots and how the scary statistics we see on the news are quite misleading. We finish the podcast by discussing his new book, The Addiction Spectrum. We pay particular attention to how our children’s addiction to phones and screens are messing up their brains.
Happy Healthy Family Podcast Episode #010
with Dr. Paul Thomas
This conversation was so enjoyable, and it was a lot of fun to chat with Dr. Paul. I’m sure you’ll enjoy listening as well.
Also Available On Your Favorite Podcast Player (click below)
Of course, I’m Simply A Dad not a doctor. Listen to the interview, read the research, and then make your own decision. This is for informational purposes and not considered medical advice.
- Last Book Dr Paul read was Eat, Stop, Eat
- Why Dr Paul went from mainstream medical thinking to a holistic philosophy
- Why what’s taught in medical school and what doctors tell us to do, may not be the best thing for us
- You do better when you know better
- Our kids are not doing well
- Continuing seeing more and more kids with autism/ADHD caused Dr Paul to find a new way of looking at pediatric care
- Doctors need to be reasonable with what they are doing with kids today
- Why Dr Paul believes one day it will be common knowledge that acetaminophen and vaccinating on the current schedule is bad for our children
- How fevers are a wonderful thing
- Always get a newborn under 6-8 weeks seen by a doctor if they have a fever
- How to navigate a sick visit or ER trip when acetaminophen is often given reflexively
- Best way to get a fever down
- How serious is the seizure risk with fevers
- Is dehydration a major concern with fevers
- How to treat fevers without Tylenol(acetaminophen)
- Do we need a flu shot, and what scares Dr Paul about the flu shot
- Flu shots actually decrease our ability to fight other infections
- How flu deaths are misrepresented in the US
- Why Dr Paul pivoted to writing a book on addiction
- How our kids’ addiction to their phones and screens is messing up their brain
- Why untreated ADHD is a risk for developing an addiction later in life
- Addictions are the solution not the problem
- How to tell if you’re addicted
- Difference between a habit and an addiction
Dr. Paul’s Books
*This post contains affiliate links*
Dr. Paul On The Web:
Studies On Ibuprofen & Gut Damage:
Also Mentioned On The Show:
- Dr. Parker’s Research On Tylenol
- N-Acetyl Cysteine NAC
- WHO Oral Rehydration Formula
- Golden milk
- Flu Study From Canada That Showed Weakness In Immune System
- Flu Watch Study
- Big Know No (Dr. Paul’s Son’s YouTube Channel)
Popular Videos From Dr Paul’s YouTube