Figuring out what’s causing your chronic health symptoms is easy. The driving force behind almost all disease and chronic issues is simply inflammation. The tricky part is understanding what is actually causing your chronic inflammation.
Chronic inflammation is quite an all encompassing term, and what triggers an inflammatory response for one person may not be the same for someone else. It’s important to understand that the key to getting better is finding the individual puzzle pieces that fit for you.
Causes Of Chronic Inflammation
It’s important to note when I’m talking chronic inflammation I’m not talking about the swelling you get when you twist an ankle or the temporary inflammation that comes when you get the flu. I am talking about low grade, long term inflammation that does not turn off.
Chronic inflammation happens when there is an ongoing stimulus that continues to stimulate the immune system. This could be as simple as your lifestyle, the food you eat, or toxins in your environment. However, it often is much more complicated than that.
Basic Steps To Reduce Chronic Inflammation
Clean Up Your Diet: Eat a whole-foods based diet free of preservatives and artificial ingredients, consider going GFCF or giving up gluten and dairy)
Clean Up Your Home: Remove chemical cleaners & detergents, artificial fragrances, and unnatural body care products, pesticides, herbicides)
Address The Stress: Stress is a huge contributor to chronic inflammation. A gratitude or mindfulness practice can go a long way to help manage stress. Nurture your social relationships, and make sure you are sleeping well.
If you do not start to feel better after taking care of the basics, then you have to look at the deeper reasons and other possible ongoing stimuli that will not allow your immune system to turn off.
Potential Triggers Of Inflammation
- chronic bacterial or viral infections
- fungal overgrowth (candida)
- broken digestion
- overburdened detoxification system
- slow methylation
To learn more about these deeper reasons you may be experiencing chronic inflammation, listen to this podcast episode with Holistic & Integrative Medical doctor: Dr Madiha Saeed. (links below)
During this interview, we discussed a number of things related to chronic inflammation.
Topics covered include:
- How do we know we or our kids are inflamed
- Common chronic viral infections and favorite natural antivirals
- SIBO and other bacterial infections
- The importance of lab testing and working with a qualified practitioner
- Why supplements may be making you worse
The Happy Healthy Family Podcast Episode 34 w/Dr Madiha Saeed
Chronic Inflammation: Finding The Source
Infections, Insulin Resistance, & Finding The Right Puzzle Pieces
Chronic inflammation is the #1 cause of chronic health issues, but in order to start healing, you have to find the source of inflammation for you.
Dr Madiha Saeed returns to the pod to discuss common triggers of inflammation such as viral & bacterial infections, stress, mold…etc.
Dr Madiha & I discuss the importance of lab tests, working with your doctor, & how supplements can actually make you feel worse.
Click Below To Listen For Free On Your Favorite Podcast Player:
Visit The Show Sponsor
Full Spectrum, No EMF Portable Infrared Saunas: Non Off Gassing Materials with Advanced Earthing Technology and Negative Ion Release.
Now with Red Light Therapy!
- How do we know when we or our kids are chronically inflamed
- What do we do about chronic inflammation
- The importance of lab testing and working with your doctor
- What is insulin resistance and how does it contribute to chronic inflammation
- Start by fixing nutrient deficiencies, addressing toxins, and the 4 Big S’s (stress, sleep, social, and spiritual health)
- Why do so many kids have insulin resistance
- How a Mars bar has less of an impact on blood sugar than popular breakfast foods
- The impact of social media on our kid’s stress levels
- Chronic infections and their role in chronic inflammation
- Common viral triggers for chronic inflammation
- Dr Madiha’s favorite antivirals
- Why symptoms alone cannot distinguish against viral vs bacterial vs fungal
- Contributing factors leading to SIBO
- Why you should not treat yourself and how supplements may make you worse
- Mold, methylation and other triggers for chronic inflammation
- Getting labs drawn on difficult kids that won’t sit for a blood draw
- Why you should appreciate where you are now and how far you’ve come rather than focusing only on the end result
Links & Info From The Show
Dr Madiha’s First Appearance On The Show
More With Dr Madiha:
Who Is Dr Madiha Saeed
Enthusiastically educating and impacting lives is her hobby, passion and life-purpose, and resonates in all that she has accomplished in such a short time: a rapidly growing social media presence, published articles, public speaking events and success with healing diseases.
Her articles are regularly published by Holistic Primary Care (https://www.holisticprimarycare.net/) and she is the Director of Education for Documenting Hope (www.documentinghope.com) where she continues to teach classes and workshops on how to holistically manage health conditions.
It’s her lifelong mission to ignite the flame of holistic health in all patients/families and practitioners.
Leave A Comment