How To Raise A Mindful Family: HHF Podcast (ep 05)
Raising happier and more resilient kids through mindfulness. On this episode, we talk all about mindfulness and how it can help both us parents and our kids better manage stress and live happier lives.
How To Raise A Mindful Family
Happy Healthy Family Podcast Episode 05
with Dr. Christopher Willard
My guest today is Dr. Chris Willard. Dr. Chris is an expert in teaching kids and teens how to be more present and mindful. Dr. Willard is a Harvard educator, author, and therapist.
Dr Willard and I discuss the benefits of mindfulness, how and why to teach our kids to be more mindful, and Dr Willard also shares several exercises that we can use with our families.
We can all be more mindful just by applying these simple ideas and practices into our everyday lives.
This episode we discuss:
- Why you should never underestimate the mindfulness seeds you plant in your kids
- Why we should practice mindfulness-the benefits of having a mindful family
- How pain can be our greatest teacher
- Why it’s okay to share our failures with our kids
- How do we fit mindfulness into our busy schedules
- Why parents should be mindfulness models for their kids
- What is mindfulness
- How to teach our kids mindfulness
- Why it’s important to model how to respond not react to stressful events
- How emotions are contagious
- The best way to handle a meltdown or tantrum
- How we can stay calm in stressful moments
- How to be more mindful every day
- Sample exerices for kids to learn mindfulness
- Mindfulness meditation vs. regular meditation
- How food affects our ability to be present and mindful
- Why it’s okay not to be perfect
Links & Info From The Show
My Favorite Book On Mindfulness For Kids
*This post contains affiliate links*